Inspired by traditional trucker-type denim jackets, aka third-type jackets.
Limited New Old Stock Cone Mills indigo blue denim, 12.5 Oz., white/red line selvedge ID, sanforized. Milled in the USA.
Fairly trim silhouette, sixties vibe.
- Fabric selvedge displayed on inside front panels.
- Original MF® slanted flap chest pockets.
- Original brass cast MF® branded buttons.
- MF® yellow “M” stitching on pockets.
- Orange and yellow stitch combination.
- Blue 2×1 denim pocket flap lining.
- All cotton thread chainstitch construction.
- Buttoned cinch-waist side tabs.
- Copper rivet backed by leather washers for pockets and sleeve placket reinforcements.
- Debossed leather MF® original patch.
- Made in the USA.
Fit & Care:
The blue denim Cowboy Jacket comes UN-WASHED and cut so that the measurements match the labeling AFTER an initial cold soak/line dry. This specific denim shrinks quite significantly. We recommend our usual method for raw blue denim garments:
- 30-40mn cold soak with intermittent hand agitation, in minimally-filled washing machine or bath tub.
- Spin dry cycle (if using a machine).
- Hang dry.
- As an optional step, wear the garment briefly when still not fully dry, in order to slightly shape it to your body and set creases. Hang and let fully dry.
Wash when hygiene dictates and common sense prevails.
- We recommend turning the jacket inside out to avoid marbling on the indigo side.
Hand washing can be a good option for those concerned with specific wear patterns and high-contrast colors fades. Otherwise, machine wash inside out with cold water, gentle cycle, eco-friendly mild detergent and line dry.
Please note that the debossed graphic on the leather patch will naturally ‘flatten out’ when soaked in water.
When following this routine, the denim garment will dry quite stiff, due to the re-activated fabric starch contained in the cotton yarns. This is normal and will subside with normal wear.